Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stuffing Mix fit for Thanksgiving

Last Thanksgiving, my sister made this recipe for our big meal together as a family. Thoroughly impressed, I asked her for the recipe, expecting it to be completely homemade. When she gave it to me, I was really surprised - the base wasn't a time-consuming completely homemade recipe, but instead was based on Stove Top Stuffing. She got it in turn from a magazine, and I unfortunately don't remember where she got it. I'd be more than happy to include a link to the magazine website, and as soon as I find/remember it, I'll include a link on my blog.

Scrumptious Stuffing

1 12-oz box of stuffing
2 14-oz can of chicken broth
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh sage, finely diced
2 Tbsp thyme leaves, finely diced
1/2 cup pecan pieces, coursely chopped
1/4 cup cranberries

Stir up the box of stuffing and the chicken broth in a casserole dish. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

I'll definitely be making this stuffing at all my future Thanksgiving dinners, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment